How about a quick jaunt down the evolutionary timeline? Looking backward, the oldest identified remains of our genetically identical Cro-Magnon ancestors are radiocarbon dated to about 43,000 years ago. The first anatomically modern forms of Homo sapiens emerged in east Africa roughly 195,000 years in the past. Archaic forms of Homo sapiens appeared about 300,000 years before that. Between 3 and 4 million years ago, our pre-human ancestors were already hard at work, shaping the incredible foundational genetic matrices that make us what we are today.
In contrast to the vast expanse of this (mostly pre-) history, virtually all of which was spent hunting and foraging, humans have only been engaged in agriculture for a mere 10,000 years, and in modern industry for a paltry 200. And at what point does the fossil record indicate a sudden and startling decline in humankind's physical stature, brain size, dental health, and overall robustness? Yup... 10,000 years ago, when we made the transition from omnivorous predator to grain-crunching farm laborer.
But wait, there's good news! As far as your body is concerned, you are still the same powerful and intelligent pack-hunting predator that once roamed the plains and forests of the primeval world. 10,000 years of agriculture is far too short a time span to significantly alter our species' genetic makeup. We'll take a look at the science of evolutionary nutrition and movement patterns in the very near future. For now, just understand that by learning to primarily fuel your body with the types of food for which it has evolved (meat, fish, fowl, eggs, vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, and berries), largely avoiding the post-agricultural consumable materials your body is not designed to handle (grains and refined sugars), and being physically active in ways that mimic the activity patterns of our hunting and gathering predecessors, you will effectively alter and maximize your gene expression and reset your metabolism to its natural, intended, fat-burning, muscle-retaining state.
As Arthur DeVany, Ph.D., author of Evolutionary Fitness states, "We are hunter-gatherers in pin-stripe suits, living a sedentary life, and it is killing us in ways our ancestors never experienced." Whether you are a man, woman, or child; a Fortune-500 CEO or one of the hard-working folks who make those CEO's rich; an experienced athlete or a person who is finally ready to get off the couch and start getting healthy; Evolutionary Power is made for you, and you are made for Evolutionary Power.
Here are just a few of the many benefits you will enjoy by applying the concepts of Evolutionary Power to your life:
- You will stack the deck in your favor, and greatly reduce your risk of suffering from the myriad--mostly avoidable--chronic diseases plaguing modern humankind, including heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
- You will develop a level of functional strength beyond anything you've ever imagined. I'm not talking about the useless, puffed-up, synthetic muscles marring the covers of so many "fitness" magazines (a.k.a., "muscle comics") today. The principles of Evolutionary Power will give you the terrific muscular density and powerfully lean, supple physique that kept our ancestors one step ahead of the saber-toothed tiger all those millennia ago. Make no mistake, you'll put on muscle, but every last ounce of it is going to be useful.
- Your cardiopulmonary fitness (i.e., the health of your heart and lungs) is going to skyrocket. Whatever activities you choose to engage in, you will be able to do them longer and with greater vigor. Whether you are sprinting, raking leaves, playing sports, or serving as a valiant steed for your imaginative grandkids, Evolutionary Power will help you do it better and longer. You'll add years to your life and life to your years.
- You will achieve and maintain the flexibility necessary to perform your chosen activities painlessly, throughout their full ranges of motion. Whether you are an elite martial artist or a weekend gardener, Evolutionary Power will teach you to move with ease, balance, and grace, and to enjoy a greatly reduced risk of injuries that can result from tight, imbalanced muscles and stiff joints.
- Free disposal of spare tires! At the time of this writing, nearly 70% of Americans are overweight or obese. Seventy. Freaking. Percent. If you are one of this majority and are sick and tired of wasting your time, money, and sanity on the latest sad fad diet, it's time to say goodbye to the excess flab that's been hanging out inside your clothes. Evolutionary Power will show you how to blowtorch the fat off your body right quick, and keep it off for good.
- You will develop a lifestyle comprised of sound (and thoroughly enjoyable!) nutrition and physical activity that you can take with you anywhere, requiring no specialty stores, weird cooking apparatus, or fancy exercise equipment. And don't worry... you will still be able to enjoy your favorite "culinary indulgences," but you will learn to do so in a sane and balanced way.
- You won't get sick nearly as often, as severely, or for as long as you've probably become accustomed to.
- You will experience less psycho-emotional stress, and when you do, you will be better able to cope with it.
- You will sleep better.
- You will improve your circulation and digestion.
- You will look better, feel better, perform better, and have greater confidence.
- You will have embraced your human heritage, the genetic legacy of an incredible body, mind, and spirit, forged over countless eons by our noble, brave, and ingenious ancestors, culminating in the peak of evolution, the very best and latest model of Homo sapiens sapiens: YOU. In reclaiming your natural right to a fit, functional body, you will help carry and pass the torch of our proud human birthright forward, into the future.